Blue Skies Tomorrow Button Bracelet
A small collection of the button and glassworker's art!
Elements, from the toggle end:
- early 1950's lapis and goldstone glass cabochon made in Western Germany
- antique brass button circa 1880-1900 chosen from our huge collection
- glass button, hand-molded in the Czech Republic using antique molds, then hand-painted
- blue sea opal glass stone made today in the Czech Republic; artisans mix several colors of glass using the lampwork process to achieve the look of genuine stones
- Swarovski air blue opal crystal set in brass rose
- vintage German blue glass cabochon
- vintage Japanese lampwork glass cabochon
- brass stamping made in USA in vintage dies
- vintage 1930's iris blue faceted glass cabochon
- Measures 7", extending to 7 3/4".
- Brass and glass.
- Clean gently with a polishing cloth.
October 24, 2018
This bracelet is a galaxy on your wrist! The colors and designsare absolutely heavenly and veryunusual. BEAUTIFUL BLUESKIES! I do wish the linking brass was easier rings, but thatdoes not keep me from loving this piece.
June 5, 2021
This may be the most beautiful piece of jewelry I have ever put on-it is so gorgeous that it really does make me feel like I am wearing the Crown Jewels! The buttons have a high sparkle or inner fire that you don't normally see even in well-made artisan glass beads and buttons these days. It was a bit on the expensive side for me-I usually don't spend very much on jewelry because my family makes it and I have a lot-but this is entirely worth the price. I do agree with the other reviewer about the brass links-they are a little stiff and odd when one is used to round links, but they seem to work fine and hopefully the design will be durable. This is the kind of jewelry that if anything ever happens to it I would pay to have it fixed I don't say that too often and I hope to keep it for life if it holds up. It is very much in keeping with the VTC aim of offering heirloom quality items-I would definitely put this bracelet in that category. Five stars, easily!