Information Collection and Use: Victorian Trading Co. is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. Victorian Trading Co. collects information from our users at several different points on our website.
ORDER: We request information from the user on our order and catalog request forms. Here a user must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer's orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user.
GIFT CERTIFICATES: We request information from the user if they request a gift certificate. This information is used to help verify that the person redeeming the certificate is the intended recipient.
SURVEYS & CONTESTS: From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
SHARE WITH A FRIEND: If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend's name and email address. Victorian Trading Co. will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Victorian Trading Co. does not store this information.
E-GREETINGS: Victorian Trading Co. stores e-greeting sender and receiver email addresses. This information may potentially be used to identify and block the sender of abusive messages. Victorian Trading Co. must be notified by the recipient of such abusive messages before any action may be taken. We do not examine the content of personal messages, and our employees do not have access to this information.
TEXT MESSAGING: By signing up, customer agrees to receive recurring automated promotional and personalized marketing text messages (e.g. cart reminders) from Victorian Trading Co. at the cell number used when signing up. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Reply HELP for help and STOP to opt-out. Msg frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. View Terms & Privacy.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION: We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the website.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we and our [third party trusted resources] may use your information, such as your email address or shipping address, to send you news and newsletters, catalogs, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including third party products and services. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our website, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our website and services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION: We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Trusted Third Party Resources. We may disclose information to third parties and direct mailing list providers so they may send you information about their products and services.
We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
COOKIES: A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Cookies are required for maintaining the shopping cart, and this site will not function correctly if they are disabled. Information collected from customers via the cookie is used to set user preferences, to better understand how users use the website, and for marketing purposes. The type of information we collect through cookies includes: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit or use the Site; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. The Help portion of the toolbar on most web browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our website who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the website, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our website to, among other things, track the activities of website visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about website usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI's website at www.networkadvertising.org.
SECURITY: This website takes precautions to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line.
When our catalog request/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just "surfing".
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also take steps to protect user-information off-line. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email to email@example.com.
LINKS: This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we at Victorian Trading Co. are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
SITE & SERVICE UPDATES: We also send the user site and service announcement updates. Members are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via email or phone.
CORRECTIONS/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION: If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code), or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user's personal data provided to us.
CHOICE/OPT-OUT: Our users are given the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having their information used for purposes not directly related to our site at the point where we ask for the information. For example, our order form has an 'opt-out' mechanism so users who buy a product from us, but don't want any marketing material, can keep their email address off of our lists.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the opt-out link provided at the bottom of each email.
Users of our site are always notified when their information is being collected by any outside parties. We do this so our users can make an informed choice as to whether they should proceed with services that require an outside party, or not.
Users of our site are always notified when their information is being collected by any outside parties. We do this so our users can make an informed choice as to whether they should proceed with services that require an outside party, or not. We may share your name and address information with certain trusted resources unless you choose to be put on our do-not-share list. To be put on our do-not-share list, please contact our Customer Service department at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
CHILDREN UNDER 13: Our website and services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS: California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: [email@example.com]. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.